Tibetan appeals to Home Ministry to stop deportation to China occupied Tibet

Claims threat to life by Chinese authorities after deportation and appeals for renewal of his RC

Ambala/February 22
Convicted for 6 months jail term and deportation after the sentence for failing to renew his Registration Certificate (RC), a Tibetan national has appealed to Union Home ministry to stop his deportation from country as he fears threat to his life in China occupied Tibet.
Tesring Dandhup, a Tibetan national, was charged for overstaying in India after he failed to renew his Registering Certificate (RC). He was sentenced to 6 months in jail and whichcwill be completed on February 28. As per the court orders, the Jail Authorities will deport Tesring to his country after the completion of jail term.
Tesring’s wife, Sonam Dolma, who is an Indian national, said that her husband had run away from Tibet as he was not feeling safe. “My husband failed to renew his RC as he had lost his documents. But later when he found the documents, he had voluntarily came forward to get them renewed by the Foreign Registration Office (FRO), Mandi. The FRO officials noticed the over stay of my husband and apprehended him,” Dolma said.
She further stated that as my husband is at the verge of completing his jail term after which he will be deported back to his country if his RC is not renewed. “Tesring fears for his life in Tibet due to the atrocities by the Chinese authorities for they are involved in a sort of ethnic cleansing. They are wiping out all those who pay obeisance to the Holy Dalai Lama and pursue Buddhist Teachings,” Dolma added.
Dolma stated that her husband had sneaked into India to live in a free atmosphere. “My husband and I have led a pious, peaceful and enterprising life throughout and have not indulged in any unlawful activity in India or in Tibet. We got married few years ago and we will be deprived of marital life if he is deported. But due to this unfortunate conviction and pending deportation of my husband, our married life is at stake and our dreams of a happy married life. I have appealed to Union Home Ministry to grant my husband Special Permission to renew the RC and permit him to stay in India,” she added.