Haryana to replace faulty electric metres across state

Chandigarh/June 20
Haryana’s electricity department will soon launch a campaign to replace all defective electricity meters in the state.
The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) and Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) Chairman-cum-Managing Director Devender Singh said that they will launch a massive campaign to replace all defective electricity meters in the state and directed the officials including chief general manager and general managers of the Operations Wing to start the campaign to replace defective meters in a strategic manner and complete it by the end of October, 2013.
“To introduce the system of automatic meter reading, meters with modem facility will be installed at the premises of all consumers, other than agriculture consumers, having 10 kilowatt or more load,” Singh said, adding that the metering system should be accurate so that exact bill amount for the power consumed is given by the consumers.
He also asked the officers to ensure that all distribution transformers are provided with downloadable meters and to see that there is no fault in any feeder meter.
“More emphasis will be laid on reducing aggregate technical and commercial losses. All the officials and officers, including line staff, junior engineers and sub divisional officers would be accountable and held responsible for performance of a feeder and the sub-division,” he said.
He added that all electricity bill cash collection centres in the state would soon be computerized and with this, the bill related complaints will minimize and the cash deposited by consumers will be credited to their accounts immediately.
“Online Consumer Grievances Redressal System will be further improved so that all concerned officials of the Discoms could know the status of the complaints of consumers. Further, the consumers have been given at least four facilities to register their grievance including call centre, Bijli Suvidha Kendra, CGRS, and traditional complaint centres and they can lodge complaint from any place by telephone or internet,” he added.