4 persons killed, 5 injured due to electrocution in Himachal’s Chamba district

Chamba/May 19
Four persons were killed while five others critically injured after high voltage electric current spread from a transformers to nearby houses in Chamba district of Himachal on Saturday night.
As per reports, the incident took place in Paleur village in Chamba district last night after electric currents seeped from a transformer to nearby 40 houses due to a technical snag.
“The transformer developed a snag last night after which it caught fire due to which high voltage electric current seeped into near houses in Paleur village of Chamba. Four persons have been killed while five others have suffered critical injuries in the incident,” said the police.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where they are undergoing treatment and their condition is said to be serious. Meanwhile, some houses have also been partially damaged due short-circuit in eclectic wires and electric supply has been cut off to the village for carrying out repairs.
The residents of the village, reportedly, have to spend night out of their houses due to the fear of getting electrocuted and other locals have also suffered minor electric shocks in the incident but they haven’t suffered any serious injuries in the accident.
DC Chamba Sandeep Kadam said, “We are conducting an inquiry into the incident to fix the responsibility and the appropriate action will be taken against erring officials.”